11 October 2007

The Scent of Wet Goat...

The other day, the mailman delivered some mail to Snap Snap (bear with me...real mail still excites me and sends little shivers up and down my spine) My mailman and I have a great relationship, at least a great one for 2 people that have seen each other nearly every day for at least 10 years, and are not in a serious relationship...

We share things in common. We started our divorces at the same time...he fills me in on the internet dating world...and I?

Well, I just talked him into getting a Mac.

Now, when my EX moved on to his new life, he moved into a place right down the street from the shop (the joys of living in a small town) that was, weirdly enough, on the same mail route as Snap Snap. My EX then promptly forwarded his mail...OH...and mine too. Several times. My mailman noticed this, and started holding my mail for me (he also told me that he would hold the rsvp's for my EX's wedding, but I thought that was a little mean...and a little against the law)

In the pile of mail the other day, I got my Bath and Bodyworks coupons and fliers. I had wondered what happened to them, and am now concerned about my Vctoria's Secret Free Panty coupons (cause' I love me some panties) but, I am confident that the mailman and I's relationship shall prevail.

In this flier is the announcement of a new scent. We all know how I feel about seasonal scents...and there is a coupon for an opportunity for a Preview of the new Velvet Tuberose body lotion (absolutely free, I might add...which always perks my curiosity) I have been long trying to find a "signature scent" but, I can not nail myself down. I love lavender, I love roses, I love patchoulli...I usually mix my own essential oils and wear them (patchoulli, rose geranium, bergamot, nag champa and lavender palmarosa...and anything else I may fall in lust with at the moment...my mother was studying essential oils at one point and some of the ones I use are for medicinal purposes as well) and then I wear all sorts of seasonal lotions...I am a veritable walking cloud of scent, which sometimes brings to mind Pigpen...

only not so dusty.

So, in leau of rushing out to the mall on October 15th, I decided to read about the fragrances that make up this new scent (hoping that it is some winter version of rose) It is...

Full-bodied and opulent (somewhat like me) Our most anticipated floral fragrance blends (oh oh oh...) night-blooming white tuberose (Tuberose is known to improve one's capacity for emotional depth. By opening the crown chakra it improves psychic powers. Tuberose also amplifies artistic inspiration as it stimulates the creative right side of the brain. And it brings serenity to the mind and heart...ok, who can't use a little of all that?) diamond orchids (used to treat allergies and relieve headache and fatigue. Many herbal formulas for treating hypertension, convulsions, migraine, wind and cramps include this preparation. Interestingly, the plant contains gastrodin, which has anticonvulsant effects, at least in gerbils...OK) and seductive cashmere...

Which stopped me in my tracks. Now, I am a lover of most things vintage, and as a teenager I used to wear long vintage cashmere coats in the winter here...they are both warm and stylish. The only problem with wearing cashmere is, when it is wet outside...from either rain or snow...and you get your coat wet? It smells like a wet goat.

That's what cashmere is...a breed of goat.

The paragraph describing the scent goes on to say --Making everything feel just a bit more romantic...

Really?
The scent of cashmere?

I will have to check with Rich, seeing as he's the person I'm bouncing ideas like this off of lately (and we spend quite a bit of time together in a 25ft. Airstream, so he should have some say in what I smell like) but if I remember correctly...I've often had people complain about the Patchoulli I wear, yet I've never once had anyone in my life tell me that if I smelled more like a goat I would be more seductive and attractive...

Then again...maybe it's worth a try...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh... I adore Tuberoses, they are my favorite. But I've yet discover a fragrance based on the flower that actually smells like the flower. So, keep me posted. :D

Granny J said...

Next they'll be touting the fragrance of the rare angora. I too love cashmere, tho I think alpaca is a bit warmer; on the other hand, cashmere is much softer.

Anonymous said...

Will you please put a warning at the top of your blog when you're going to do that? Because I almost choked on my dinner when I started laughing at "wet goat."

Anonymous said...

So, maybe they should actually call goat milk "Cashmere milk." And goat cheese already has a cool name, so they wouldn't have to change that. But can you umagine the logo? "Cashmere milk, so easy and soft on your insides."

laura capello said...

i find the seasonal scents at b&bw to be NASTY.

but yeah, i got that coupon too. now where the hell is my free panty coupon? i need me some of that action.

flutter said...

I wonder if they meant Kashmir...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin