25 October 2007

More on Family...



Last week my uncle, aunt cousin and her daughter all came in to town for a little visit...

We had a lovely time together...eating and laughing until our sides hurt.

This is my GG's oldest son...and oldest child actually...and we've never lived close to them, so it was wonderful to see them...as it always is.





We all got quite the giggle out of my GG, because she said that she was having everyone over for "light refreshments" which meant cake and tea or coffee...but light refreshments? She's always been one of those people who thought we were a lot more than we are...like for instance: educated. I've been to college, I have a degree...but educated? I mean, it was a state college...does that count? It wasn't Harvard or a finishing school...heck, I don't even work in a field where I use my degree...



It's a bit confusing sometimes...GG and I watched Princess Di get married, and she promised she'd throw me a huge fancy wedding...when I got engaged and I happened to mention it, she looked at me like she'd never seen me before and practically ran from the room...although, I still had a lovely wedding...even without the horse and carriage.

Once, when one of my cousins got married, she took my sister shopping in Scottsdale (a ritzy part of AZ) and got her shoes that cost about $100. and my sister was pretty young...when it came to me buying my dress, she said, "Oh whatever...anything will do." Sigh.

She's a confusing one that GG...but usually good for a giggle or two...(like when we put bows on her head during the holidays)



This visit from the family was also the first time my cousin's little girl met Rozzie...they hit it off and ran about reminding me how much fun it is to play with your cousins. The also became knitting partners...

All in all, it was a wonderful visit, and I am reminded once again, how fun it is to play with your cousin...and how great it is to get together with people who know you so well...

Which makes me miss them that much more.

4 comments:

flutter said...

oh you were in my neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

AAAaaawwwwwww.....

Carol Dunton said...

touching...
and tender...

: )

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to "meet" your family, S. How sweet that you have such an amazing connection with them. (And I do mean that; it's not some Southern euphemism for something negative!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin