30 October 2007

Purprise!!

It's already been a festive Halloween season in my neck of the woods...

As I told you yesterday, I did indeed win a lovely door prize at Megan's party this weekend...which included a tin of Altoids, a skull notepad and a lottery ticket...I am sorry to say that I did not win the lottery on Saturday night...so, I will not be doling out large sums of money or retiring this week...damn.

My friend Tracey (and the girls) brought me a treat bag filled with spooky jewelry, Junior Mints, Lotion, lip gloss, and a Pumpkin Spice Room Spray...

I immediately proposed marriage to her...

seriously...
(I'm romantic that way)

Plus...I love me some purprises!

And...I love me some Junior Mints!

Tracey's response to that was, "um...yeah...I read your blog!" (She's already married, so I'll just have to enjoy her wonderful friendship for now) Right...I forget y'all have a window into my innermost chocolate dreams...Of course, there's always any kind of chocolate/peanut butter combination. All I've done with said Junior Mints however, is to sit and stare at them in their little boxes so far...I'm savoring them.

Then...another good friend came in yesterday and dropped off a little carved pumpkin for me. He is a standing recipient of my creative holiday cards...and I think he's a darned good artist in his own right...so, we can try to out-do each other in the best of ways...

I was just lamenting mere moments before the pumpkin came waltzing in, the fact that this is the first year I haven't gotten a pumpkin to carve myself...And, I have no idea why...

Don't you just love his little face? His little peppercorn eyes? His little antlers? There is a chance that he will dry out and stay like this forever...then again, he may rot (I'm sure there's some life metaphor in there somewhere)



This is today's Business Of The Week outfit...The girls in the bank loved it (all except for one...who made a snarky comment about us having "forgotten the shirt" Prude.) And, I think one of the gals wants to buy the skirt...That's how I know I have successful displays...if people can't wait to buy the clothes on them...

5 comments:

flutter said...

That is *gorgeous*!

Anonymous said...

Goodies! Love 'em! The pumpkin is so cute -- very creative. And I love the display (but what's up with prudes?). I like surprises if I don't know they're coming. But I'm too impatient to be teased along by the anticipation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the bank outfit display job! I don't bank there but I might check them out anyway!! We didn't carve pumpkins this year either. I told the girls that I'd rather spend the money on stuff at Spirit Halloween! We went on Sunday morning and got props for their outfits. I think it's money well spent. Have you been yet? You must go!! Hope to see you soon!! Happy Halloween, Sadira!! Love, T

Anonymous said...

Purprises...what a loverly word. Is it a combo of two words, or just your sweet variation of "surprises?"

Felicia said...

Love that outfit! The perfect Halloween angel :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin