10 October 2007

The New Fall Uniform....

And something I did not have to sew a waist band into...cause' it came that way already.

As mentioned earlier in the week...I accompanied my mother and Rozz on a mini shopping excursion which included Old Navy (also throwing Rozz into a dancing frenzy that rivaled Lord of the Dance...only with more arm waving...we are quite expressive in our family with our arms...it is like talking to a band of Muppets) Now, I'm not too hep on Old Navy, as it is the bastard step-child of Gap...cheaper and trendier. I don't usually get myself anything here, unless it's the very basics of tanks or tees that I can't possibly find used without the nasty yellow underarm stains. Oh...and PJ pants.

I'm a little weird with the PJ thing.

Years before
it became high fashion to wear slippers around (cause' that's a great look isn't it? It's either the half naked teenagers or the ones that are wearing their furry slippers trotting around nowdays) I bought and wore PJ things...Flannel nightgowns that looked like dresses over leggings, or PJ bottoms passing as regular pants. And Old Navy is always good for some kind of PJ pants...all cotton, that leave you wondering if they are indeed PJ's or just some cotton drawstring pants? I mean, most of the time I make a pair of pants, they look like PJ's anyways, I'm just cutting out the middleman here (again with the bad waistband thing)

Plus...we have entered into the I just wear what's comfortable period of fashion...this is what I hear at Snap Snap all day long, "I don't know what's "in" I only wear what's comfortable" Which, if you look at these people, they personify to the letter...and here's a hint too: Don't say something like that outloud, and then bring in boxes of clothes for me to go through and expect me to be excited about going through them...It just isn't going to happen.

So...it was completely natural for me to get excited and buy a pair of PJ pants, one's that I thought looked like they were made out of vintage material (t's only because I couldn't for the life of me, force my way into...um, I mean fit it into any of the sweaters they had hanging up for the little kids there...what a great year to shop for cute sweaters if you're a kid...if you're an adult? They all look like pregnancy things, which is fine, but I'm not pregnant at the moment, and don't want to look like I am...I got enough comments about due dates when I was heavier)

I bought a plain tee to go with the new pants. I put them on before a visit to the Airstream last night, I wore them into the grocery store to pick up some dessert items, and you know? I felt a little naughty. Plus, since they are obviously holiday theme related, I have decided that I will be wearing them from now until Halloween...yes, sometime every day...for the rest of the month...

Cause' I'm comfortable like that.

5 comments:

laura capello said...

I NEED ME SOME OF THOSE. so freakign cute. gah.

flutter said...

damn, those are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love those pants! I saw them the other day and nearly bought them, but refrained.

Carol Dunton said...

....(slams the door on her way out to the car to speed up to Old Navy for some OH, TOO DAMN CUTE p.j.'s!!)

Anonymous said...

oooooo, look at the Teeny Halloweeny Thingies on your draws! They are so teeny! I love Halloween, and I wish I could go all out and decorate this year. But I will have to just admire other's deco's from afar....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin