05 May 2008

Happy May 5th...

One year ago today, it was snowing (crazy Prescott spring)

365 Days ago today, Dina and I were headed to a local Blogger meet up to introduce ourselves to the local bloggers in town...

531075 minutes ago today, I walked into The Raven Cafe, not even realizing how much my life would change...

Because 86400.002 seconds ago today
, I found myself sitting across the table from Rich. Having a nice conversation...listening to him say that he'd just found Prescott a mere 2 months before, and was enjoying himself and looking to stay. When I got home, I left a comment on his blog letting him know it was nice to meet him, and how happy I am to see excited people move here (I still am in fact, there's nothing worse than watching people move here and then complain about it) Much to my surprise, an email conversation ensued most of that night...back and forth between the two of us...giggling at each other (and yes, I've saved all of them) resulting in us making plans to hike the Peavine the next day.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this past year, because in knowing Rich, I still kind of feel like a giddy teenager. I think it's a little scary to find oneself getting close to another person after you've been through a divorce (since we both have, we've talked about this) We now know how much there is at stake...but, I realize that there is more at stake if I wouldn't make that leap, because no matter how much sadness I could potentially feel...it is worth every second of the joy that you find when you discover a like soul. I'm so happy that I took this chance...because the longer I've known Rich, the more I realize what a kind, generous, sweet man that he is (there's not a night that goes by that he doesn't call to say good-night...even if we've just seen each other.) We enjoy so many of the same activities and interests, and the best part? He's a good friend and an amazing person. He likes me and treats me with respect...he is patient, observant and intelligent. We talk. We laugh. We enjoy spending time together. He can quickly bring a smile to my face and joy to my day...

He thinks I only
keep him around for his Airstream...but, I think we know it's so much more than that...

Happy May 5th Rich...

I am indeed still smitten....

Picture borrowed from Terry

7 comments:

thatgirldina said...

Awwww. Such a sweet sweet post Miss Sadira! My how time truly does fly when you're having fun. I'm so glad that I got to play a small part in that fateful day. (Gotta love a man in a blue shirt. winkwinknudgenudge.)

You are such lucky little duckies. And finding a man with integrity, a contagious smile, an amazing creative side AND an Airstream? Me-ow! hothothot!
xox,
-d.

Anonymous said...

Aaawww, that is so sweet. Happy May 5th to both of you! And if you guys hadn't met, I would be missung a good friend indeedy!

laura capello said...

ahhhh.. happy year!

(and not to nerd-out on you or anything, but we had a leap day in february so it's actually 366 days that you've known him.)

(crap. i totally nerded-out there.)

Mytutorlist.com said...

Aww, that is so sweet! Congrats on meeting such a great guy one year ago today. There's nothing quite like having a good friend in this world.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Capello.

Congratulations. Hey, I got you flowers. Hee.

Tonya said...

Wow! One year already! My My how your life has changed because of that one day. Many happy days for your second year.

sulu-design said...

Happy 365 days together! I've loved hearing of your trips and adventures with Rich, and am so glad that you two came into each other's lives. What a beautiful post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin