02 May 2008

T-Ball...

In keeping with the yesterday feeling of playing hooky or even being a little spontaneous...I decided to forgo Yogurt and run to the T-Ball field to watch Niko play in his second game of the season. I decided to to do this on the ride home after going to the bank, and then decided it would be fun to rinse off the car as well (lots of bugs and whatnot from driving out to see Rich...it's tiny bug season right now) because why not be spontaneous?! It was catching...

Then I realized after I sprinsed off the car that I was going to be late. See what I mean? Sometimes when I don't plan...things happen. Well, either that, or I can't tell time.

Ahem.

When I got to the field all was well, because the other team hadn't quite shown up yet, and they were behind schedule (chalk one up for spontaneity...I was in a clean car and on time)

I brought the 10D to use and discovered all sorts of wonderful things about shooting sports...Like, this camera has an actual setting for this, and I can take lots of shots one right after the other...

Whee!

It was also a chance for Deenie and I to play a little catch up, and for me to congratulate her and Charlie on their recent nuptials...Congratulations you two...

Also?

Dina is blogging again...

Can we have a
Heck Yeah?!?!

It was a bit of a cold afternoon for T-Ball, but that didn't stop the kids from playing very well, and the adults from hopping around trying to stay warm...I suggested since most of the other team had not shown up, that we should play in their place, and we'd probably be warm...

Although, I'm not a great ball player.

Niko said when it was all over that the other team had won. I didn't think they kept score...but, he was adamant that this was indeed the case. Of course a box of juice and some bug shaped cookies helped to go a long way to ease that pain.

Me jumping in the car and turning the heat on full blast eased mine...

Thanks you guys for a wonderful afternoon...I am looking forward to more afternoons just like this one (only probably warmer seeing as we're in Arizona and all...)

On a little side note...I pulled my external drive out of the Mac on accident this morning while talking to Rich about his latest post...and apparently I was being such a big tease/flirt, that I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, it made my thumbnails all go bye-bye in iPhoto...and I immediately got frustrated to the Nth degree (totally understandable in my book) and Rich offered to help me recover everything this evening. I couldn't possibly wait though, because I had to post something, and I hate to do it without pictures...So, I read an Apple help forum. It was not only helpful, it was a quick 2 minute fix without hardly any effort from me other than to read, push a button and watch everything be restored. I can't imagine how long it would have taken if I was trying to restore something on a Windows machine...

Oh, Mac...how I love thee!

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Of course, you never would have lost it on a Windows machine. ;/

thatgirldina said...

Well you're quite welcome Miss Sadira! Consider this an open invite to join us anytime. And thank you my dear, for the company, as well as the pics! They're being added to frames and hung in "the gallery" this weekend.
xox,
-d.

Kyla said...

Love the photos!! T-ball is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, congrats to Dina! And don't you just love a mac? :D

And how cute are those little t-ball guys. SO CUTE.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin