02 April 2008

Profusely...

Thank you for the skirt love...I am so very pleased with the way it turned out there in the end. Now I am not only finding myself searching for linen skirts to rip apart (Ohhhh...A quest! A quest!) but I am thinking seriously about breaking down and buying linen at the fabric store (even though the best part about remaking something is that you get to re-use...well, that and the entire project cost me $3) Unfortunately, I may have to travel to a different fabric shoppe (more fancy with that E on the end, wouldn't you think?) far away from my fair little towne (see??) to find some...Unless one of you out there knows of a good Internet Shoppe where one may purchase such a thing as wonderful linene? (too much with the E? Yeah, I thought so)

Then again...if you knew of the fabulousness that is, right at this moment, speeding my way, you would be giddy with excitement! Here is the status due to the latest stalking of the UPS website:

PRESCOTT VALLEY,
AZ, US
04/02/2008 7:00 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY




I only hope that I bought enough yardage of the fabric I so carefully obsessed over for 3 days...um, I mean...selected. For, I have bigplans for this fabric and am hoping to squeeze 3 garments and a bag out of it...Do you think half a yard will be enough? Just kidding, keep breathing, I'm not that silly to think that I could attempt that...I mean, while it is delightful and perfect fabric...it's not magic fabric!

I don't think.

But wouldn't that be cool?

I will just have to settle
for looking through this book my mother recently presented me with while I'm waiting for the package to arrive:



OhMy! Can you stand it? I had a bit of a chuckle-snort when I read the bottom caption...

Profusely Illustrated.

Well then...

I think part of my brain wanted that word to be a derivative of Profane...but, Profuse? Well...that is entirely another story...I think it rather describes life as I see it...profusely illustrated indeed. Lest you worry, the description is correct as this book is filled with the most wonderful vintage nautical images. It is inspiring me to get to card and image making again as well...

It's making me want to get another tattoo...

Oh wait...I think I just saw the UPS truck pull up...

3 comments:

~Molly~ said...

OMG, I'll fight cha for that book!!!! Can't wait to see some pics of those profuse illustrations! And the fabric too! Loved the skirt fabric, brown and cream are among my favorite colors(what's a size zero??, mine would have another number in front and it wouldn't be a 1 either!).

Molly(on baby piggie watch tonight, she's dilated more!)

Mytutorlist.com said...

Lol, profanely illustrated! I'm not sure what that would amount to in that time period. I do love those old illustrated books tho, they have the most fascinating drawings. I have collected a few such books myself from thrift stores.

I can't wait to see what fabric you chose and how you're going to use it.

Anonymous said...

Girl, if you're making bikini's then a half yard will do ya! Hee.

The skirt is wonderful... I don't know how I missed that post yesterday. Hmm...

Anyhow, I got your amazing card in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much. You rock, darling. You most certainly do. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin