And a Dollar...
Upon scoring a parking place in front of the busy down town bank I use for my banking for Snap Snap, I happened to glance down at the clock in my car.
It told me that I was an hour early.
I didn't believe it, worried that it was lying to me, and did a quick check on the cell phone clock as well.
Yup. A whole hour early.
Which can only mean one thing:
- I have no idea how to read a clock and I left my house earlier than I should have. By a whole hour (in case you were confused about all that blabber up there)
Scratching my head, I pondered what to do. I don't live too far from down town, so I could have gone home, but for some reason, once I leave...it's like, well...I'm already starting my day. Only I have all this extra time (besides, I think the cat psyches herself up for when I'm gone...I've actually come home early, and she will barely look at me...preferring, I would guess, to think of me as invisible until I'm supposed to be there) And here I find myself with an entire extra hour in which to do something.
A good 10 minutes of it was eaten up by me checking and rechecking the time, and then resigning myself to the fact I had an extra hour to kill. Short of taking a nap in the car, I figured I should do something.
- I browsed around an extra long time at the thrift.
- I went to the library and used their internet to view porn (just kidding...I needed to look up a site that has a problem being viewed on my computer...it is not porn)
- I arrived early at Snap Snap and did quite a bit of cleaning...it needed it.
In fact, I was so into cleaning and straightening, that I almost opened late.
Which would have been silly, really...as I had just mere minutes early been trying to kill time.
An hour of time is almost to long to do anything and too short to do the other things. Especially when you're in the car, driving around trying to figure out exactly what you should do, turning corners, slowly...pondering. I probably should have just went to The Raven Cafe and had a cup of Chai...or over to visit Megan at Cuppers (only I vaguely remember Friday being her day off)
So, if this time I was early...If I was not a day late and a dollar short...What would that make me?
An hour early and a dollar richer?
On The Menu This Weekend:
- Rozzy's Piano Recital
- Megan and Matt's Friday night par-tay (if the recital doesn't go too long)
- Hiking with Tombo
- Road Trip to Sedona with Rich to visit, hike and photograph with Bert and Janie...and do some rice chip shopping