11 February 2008

Beer and Brawts...


I know!
Stop the presses, the girl has gotten off her butt and has gone and done some exercising this weekend. I knew it was going to happen as soon as the weather turned nice...plus, with the added excitement of Anza Borrego coming up (and the promises from a wonderful source that we will be doing some good 10 mile hikes) I thought I may need to get in shape.

My worst suspicions
about what shape I am in were confirmed when I met Rich on Saturday night to go do some good night time photos (It wasn't planned, and I didn't have my new headlamp. sigh. Of course, this did not keep him from blinding me with his...) and I was seriously winded about half way up the trail through the boulders...the very same ones that I was flying up mere months ago without hardly breathing extra. Rich admitted that he was having the same problem.

What? It got cold. It's haaaard to hike in the cold.

I had actually just done 4 miles on The Peavine that day as well...so, I figured I was going to be OK.

Nope...

I still woke up
Saturday night after all of this walking about in the middle of the night...and my hips hurt.

Wuss.

Apparently, I need to get back to my daily 8 miles...I mean, I knew my pants were getting tighter and other things were getting jigglier...but, I was just hoping I was hallucinating.

Anyway...There have been a few changes to The Peavine since I was out last. Someone has paved the whole parking lot, which is nice, because it always turned into a bit of a mud bog when it was wet...and there were a ton of cars in the parking lot when I showed up Saturday as well...I had waited until the afternoon to walk as it was warmer then (and I had a million errands to run in the morning as well) Along with all the cars, there were a lot of people enjoying the ton's of water that is in Watson Lake right now by participating in various water vehicles...and there's a ton of water both in the lake and in all sorts of other places there isn't usually water.

Oh, and ducks...more ducks than I've ever seen out there...with bunches of their little butts up in the air as they were eating things only to be found under the water.

And um...

Well, I'm not sure how to put this, so I think I'll just say it right out. As I was pulling into the parking lot, there was a large sign for German Brawts and Beer. I thought it was a little odd seeing as the only real attractions on this road besides The Peavine Trail are the Humane Society (where they let you go get a dog if you want to walk it on the trail for them) and the dump. Yet, as I pulled into the new parking lot for the trail...there was a large silver hot dog cart set up...with a man...

He was wearing one of those German Green hats with a feather in it...and apparently he was serving Brawts and Beer...

Um yeah...on one of the busier trails here in Prescott, with walkers, runners, photographers, horse back riders, and bikers...I can not think of a more horrible thing I'd want to do to my body after I knocked out my 4 miles of the day...

The weird thing was...

He was doing a very brisk business.

Tune it for tomorrows edition where there as we explore my Sunday. Let's just say there was a lot of huffing and puffins and friends both old and new...

6 comments:

TomboCheck said...

I would totally eat brats after a hike. I would eat brats anytime of day, even if i wasn't hungry.

I love brats...

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, are not a wuss in any way, shape or form!

Beer and brats? I'm on it!

~Molly~ said...

Wow, 4 miles and then some?? I WISH we had a safe place to hike(heck, ANY place to hike!!). I'm with Tom though, I'd have scarfed some brats(hold the beer though) after all that exercise! Now I'm wanting that for dinner and we have chicken fajita leftovers. Maybe tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm. Beer and bratwurst. Sounds like a plan to me!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... well,I'm just a lump. :D

I got your lovely valentine's today. Thank you!! :D

Anonymous said...

The first thing I did after a hike in the White Mountains was run to a pizza place and EAT!

But not Brats. Nope. Nada. Yuck. No sireeeeeee.

Now if it was a pizza stand........

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin