06 May 2009

Baubles...


Just received this week in a rather large package from my father...which was full of beautifully wrapped belated birthday gifts (they were out of the country, so I was warned this would happen...which is fine by me, because really? When is getting a package filled with gifts a bad thing?)

Upon opening said package...I remember thinking, "man...I hope there's some jewelry in here!" which, in itself is an odd think for me to think. As far as my family goes, I may be the one least likely to actually wear jewelry...my mother and sister being far more into doing such things than I...In fact, after receiving my engagement and wedding rings I remember feeling relief because not only did I have jewelry to wear, I wouldn't have to think about what to wear...it was already picked out for me.

Since I am no longer married, those carefully picked out and most beautiful pieces of jewelry are in a box instead, and now I spend part of my mornings wrestling with what exactly to wear.

I am finding that lately though...that doesn't seem to be as big of a chore as it once was. I can say with confidence that I enjoy looking for the perfect thing to wear with my daily outfits...and when I don't? Well, I just walk out of the house as before only without all the marriage bling.

My father knew exactly what to send this year (which is fantastic as I didn't even know myself what it was that I wanted) I clapped eagerly as I unwrapped a lovely Victorian bracelet with purple stones, Vintage Venetian glass beads (red and in a strand), a fantastic deco belt with the mostly lovely belt buckle (with rhinestones...which I thought was quite unusual), and this blue and gold large...well, I'm not quite sure what it is. It does not have any backing that I can see...although, I think perhaps it was a brooch in its past life, and maybe dropped its pin somewhere in its travels?

Whatever the case may be...these are such lovely beauties, much appreciated and also much worn already...

3 comments:

~Molly~ said...

oooooooh. OOOOOOOH. OOOOOOOOOOH. oooooh.

Those are ooooooh!

just sign me jealous!

Molly

Mytutorlist.com said...

Awww, your daddy is so sweet! What a lucky gal!

Anonymous said...

OOOH! Pretty and shiny!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin