27 December 2007

Present Highlight...


I know you're all just dying to know what I got for Christmas...

What was in all the wrapped up goodness?

Well, for starters...all my Apple wishes came true, but to be entirely fair...that all happened before the actual holiday...and I've been enjoying it ever since...very much, I might add.

The sock monkeys (both large ones, and the little ornament that now hangs happily in my tree) were from my father




Along with these amazing vintage paper candy containers (that look a heck of a lot like the Easter Egg ones I collect) that housed the most amazing collection of old buttons...

Bakelite, rhinestone, glass...and all sorts of lovelies, that I am just enjoying drooling all over for the time being.

Dad also sent tablecloths, books, vintage tins and some wonderful jewelry...



From my mother, I got 2 pairs of hand knit wool socks...2 pairs people!! I only really was hoping for one, so that was a wonderful surprise...I also happen to know she's making something else that she didn't have time to finish in time for the holiday as well.

She and my grandmother also combined their talents of embroidery and crochet and made some vintage pillowcases come to life for me...

Rozz got me those wonderful Sock Monkey slippers, that are both cushy comfy and very warm

And, my sister sent the DVD of the Hogfather...which is based on a Terry Pratchett novel (he happens to be my most favorite English author) I about fell out of my chair when I opened it because I didn't even know it existed...I haven't watched it yet, but I will soon.

I also got some
other lovely things from Santa...including an organizer bag on wheels for all the ephemera that is sitting around stashed...

So, I can create on the fly (or at an airport...that's what rolling luggage always reminds me of)

5 comments:

flutter said...

oh my god, those sock monkey slippers are AWESOME!

Tonya said...

I love everything you got. It's all so wonderful. Well I'm home (Thank God!!!) I'll me in town next week.

Suzanne said...

Sure glad you had a wonderful holiday! I love the sock monkeys too of course!!!

Anonymous said...

You got a current Ephemera? I haven't looked at one in ages...

I wonder what the stars have in store for me?

Virgo Sun
Cancer Moon
Capricorn Rising
Mercury in Libra
Venus in Scorpio
Mars in Cancer
Jupiter in Aquarius
(can't remember the rest)

Felicia said...

Love your new treasures! Especially your sock monkey goodies :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin