28 December 2007

Can Someone Tell Me...


How it could possibly be better to stretch an electric blue tarp over your very old and thrashed roof than it would be to just re-roof it? (although, I suppose it would be cheaper)

Now, I believe this house is still a rental...eagerly awaiting the real owners to retire and move down from Washington State, but last night when I came home for a quick sit down before I headed out to Megan's for a rip-roaring party...

I heard the sound of hammers beating little boards, nailing this electric blue tarp to the roof of my neighbors house.

I awoke to the sound of hammers beating little boards, nailing this electric blue tarp to the roof of my neighbors house.

It's something to ponder...a bit of an eyesore.

Much like my new Bettie Page bangs my hairdresser cut today...He gets nervous because I don't come in as often for a trim since the decision to grow out my locks...and cuts my bangs short...I forgot to tell him to go easy.

Of course, the bangs are an entirely different story...and not at all electric blue.

Yet.

11 comments:

kirida said...

Bettie Page? Rawr!!

luvmygreenbug said...

now, blue is one of my favorite colors, but NOT in this case! Oh, you have "Pammie bangs"! Named in honor of of friend of mine, whose Mom (just as my Mom did also) used to cut her bangs when she was little using scotch tape PLASTERED across the forehead as a guideline for the scissors...unfortunately the tape would shift, the kid would squirm (knowing full well the outcome would be ragged, SHORT bangs...I have photos to prove it)...we have a car club in our area, and all the ladies have Bettie Page bangs...it's a requirement..

quilteddogs said...

Hmmmm. Maybe they are actually getting ready to re-roof and the blue tarp is just to protect the house from the elements until the roofers can get to the job. Just a thought.

flutter said...

That's hawt. Maybe it's performance art?

Suzanne said...

Hey, off topic, you need to get a photo of our common old friend that is visiting and post it so I can see him!

Anonymous said...

Also off topic...You haven't mentioned this as far as I can see . But, if you go to Target (or their website) and look in Women's pajamas, they have sock monkey as well as Airstream flannel pajamas. The Airstream ones are called flamingoes on Ice. My honey and I have those. And, yes, I was able to talk him into wearing women's ones just for a Christmas card photo and a family joke. They've been selling these for the past couple of years. I'm glad they're still going strong.

Catalyst said...

Well, it's colorful, (he said weakly.)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh gooodness!! The Christmas love in your world was amazing! I was just catching up!! Oh, the santa stockings! The yummy yummy food!!!

But the tarp. Oh the tarp. Won't they suffocate? Do they have a chimney? hee heee


Oh and, the bangs. Any form of cutting on my hair is trauma! But I am sure you look adorable!! xoxo

Rusty said...

Where's the pix of the bangs?

Anonymous said...

Your Mom Looks great! And so does here hair. WOW!

Julie Pippert said...

Aren't short bangs trendy right now?

And ummm...interesting roofing solution your neighbors have. Maybe it's temporary to do some work under???

Julie
Using My Words

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin