12 March 2008

Eating Eggs In Drag...

So, with the advent of a little more energy starting my day, which seems to equal out to more time to just BE before I rush off to start my day...I have been having a little extra time for breakfast in the morning.

Now, I know what you're saying, "Sadira...breakfast is the most important meal of the day! You can't skip that!" Yes, I agree...but sometimes I do skip out of the house without it, hoping that a glass of fruit juice laced with Emergen-C and a few cups O' decaf will hold me over until salad time (somewhat like hammer time, but without all the baggy pants) But lately: more energy=more time + an unnatural craving for protein (and you thought I was bad at math) = you come up with someone running around in the kitchen dragging mushrooms, bell peppers and garlic out of the fridge (well, not the garlic so much, as it actually sits on the window sill above the sink) to saute' and then have an egg and some soy cheese poured on top of it...

"...But, Sadira, you do not like eggs" Yeah, I know this too (y'all are getting a little pushy aren't you?) but, lately? I do. However, any time I actually eat eggs they need to be doctored up and have their appearance dressed up so much that no one would believe that they started out their former life as an egg...kind of like today's super models...

or drag queens.

And well, eating an egg every once in a while has found it's way into my morning routine...alternating days with peanut butter and jelly on a rice cake...I'm nothing if not all about the variety (and like I said, it's the protein craving thing...I suppose I should be happy I'm not frying up a steak...or whatever you do to steak to cook it)

Until then...
I'll be happily at home dancing around...

Eating Eggs in drag

(just to clarify...that would be the eggs...not me)

5 comments:

~Molly~ said...

I eat my eggs this way:

Scramble two whites and one whole egg together with a few tablespoons of milk(soy is ok). Serve in warmed corn tortillas with cheese and sour cream(non-dairy is great) with jalapeno jelly or hot pepper jelly.

This is one of the BEST ways to eat them that I've ever tried. I do like them sunnyside up too but not as often.

Molly

ps, good for you eating breakfast!! It can help you lose weight too!

TomboCheck said...

Sounds like a winning breakfast to me. I wish i could drag my butt out of bed earlier to cook in the morning. For me it's just a few bowls of cereal and some fruit.. Oh well.

flutter said...

with a little turkey sausage?

yum

Anonymous said...

I'm picky about how I like eggs... and at any given moment, I can change my mind. We eat lots of "fake eggs" and honestly, I can't stand them unless they're in some sort of drag. :D

Clever girl.

Jennifer Lavin said...

I hate eggs but eggs with cheese are a lot more palatable. I can't eat cheese because I'm allergic to milk. I'm sad. I read your post and see the words 'soy cheese'.

So I'm new to food allergies and eating healthy and everybody laughed at me when I asked if there was such a thing as 'non-dairy' cheese - are you telling me that there IS NON-DAIRY CHEESE?! Where do I find such nectar of the gods?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin