24 March 2008

Easter Sunday...


Started with the making of the traditional fresh strawberry pie for the holiday...I love fresh strawberry pie, and have always been inspired by the one's they make at Marie Calendar's, however, I've never been able to pile mine quite as high as they can...

They're amazing.

Of course, I usually cut my strawberries up, and don't leave them whole, so that could be one of the reasons...





I also had the pleasure
of using my new vintage pie pan. This pan is like the vintage cake pans I have with a little built in cutter that runs along the bottom, and around the edges of the pan, so that you don't have to grease the pans and everything comes out all smoothly...I have no idea why they stopped making these kind of pans? I think a muffin pan like this would be even better!




Rich, Mom, Rozz and GG came over in the early afternoon for some Easter egg hunting...

Note to self:

Making sure the Easter Bunny has hidden eggs early is a great idea...not realizing that some had chocolate in them (which may melt in the sun) makes one realize, while they may not melt in your hand...they do melt in little plastic eggs.










For some reason,
this was my favorite shot of the day...

It's Easter Egg hunting in action....











I was indeed
able to debut the patio this weekend, as we spent most of our time out there...this is what Easter Holiday Nachos look like, with beans, melted soy cheese, guacamole, and soy sour cream...they were very good! Methinks that these will again be a staple food...the soy cheese melted quite well (although, it sticks to the cookie sheet and may need to be removed with a putty knife, but it's really a small price to pay)





We all had Easter baskets to open and got a lot of fun things...it was a microfiber Easter, which is fun, because mum got me a wonderful microfiber washcloth that works wonders taking make-up of the face...and I will let you know how well they do taking the ring out of the tub and other surfaces of the house...

All the socializing
totally wore Meena out and she sacked out on her little bed in the window...I just love it when cats sleep with their little arms thrown over their eyes...







Rich had left a little early due to tummy issues, so I popped over in the afternoon after the festivities wound down over at Foolsewoode took him his Easter basket, and we took a small hike out into the rocks, where I got to stretch out and rest a bit myself...

It was a fun day for sure...

Did you have a good Easter?

11 comments:

thatgirldina said...

All day long yesterday I was craving your delicious strawberry pie. C even told em that if I mentioned it again he was heading over to your house to sneek in and snatch me a piece! :) I had to settle for strawberry shortcake instead. Yummy, but not equally so.

Sounds like you had a most festive day! And horray for your patio debut!
xoxo,
-d.

Anonymous said...

You had perfect Easter weather!! We were rained out. So, the egg hunt happened indoors. Come to think of it, it happens in doors every year... it always rains.

It all looks lovely. :D

laura capello said...

yes, good. the easter bunny bought me fabric.

~Molly~ said...

We had an interesting Easter but next year I'm coming to your house for strawberry pie and those nachos!!!

Molly

Anonymous said...

Can I have a piece of that pie? Sure looks good!

:-D)

Anonymous said...

Look at the Meena Baby! SO freakin' cute!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! Just throw some parchment paper or foil on the cookie sheet -- no mess cleanup!

Mytutorlist.com said...

That strawberry pie looks sooo good.

sulu-design said...

Oh, I'm jealous of those outdoor shots! Out on the patio is the perfect place to spend Easter. Great action shot, by the way. Roz looks like a professional egg hunter. I hear there's going to be an Olympic event in that area next time around...

Felicia said...

My goodness, that strawberry pie looks delicious.

Carol Dunton said...

What a beautiful day at your place...so yummy the pie and I love that you were able to have the festivities on the patio!! It looks like it was a wonderful day in so many ways! : )
VB

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin