14 October 2008

Wit...


In The Kitchen.

Or Witchen...as I like to call it...

Cause' I'm all about making up words.

It's the sign of a very creative mind you know...or someone who can't remember their native language...you choose.

Last week in between all of my fun staycationing, I popped into the thrift. I hate to think I miss anything if I don't go, you know. While cruising through the textile section, I happened across two vintage embroidered towels (and we all know they're a great love of mine...just ask my overflowing drawers and shelves in the kitchen) I just happened to glance over the towels and was surprised to see they were a set with a rooster and a hen and some mighty fine embroidery with some fancy veregated thread to boot...looked for stains and holes, noticed they were in amazing condition and threw them over my arm whilst running up to the cash register.

50 cents later,
I was a happy camper, and was about to be even happier...

As I looked a little more carefully at the towels I was delighted to see not only were they a set, but they made me laugh out loud when I read the words on each one...

The rooster was proudly proclaiming,

I'm the King of the Roost

And the hen, I imagine, was rolling her eyes and saying rather quietly,

That's what you think...

Ahem.

giggle...

No, really...

I have been wondering ever since, who was the person who decided to make these and then put them in the kitchen? Or did they just sit in the drawer? (explaining their amazing condition) Needless to say, my latest witchen is out on display right next to the kitchen sink, so I can get a giggle all throughout the day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute and so true!!! LOL!

"That's what you think..."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin