18 October 2008

Today is the Day...

I've been gone for 3 days...maybe it was only 2?

Whatever it's been...I feel lost and totally disconnected to my internet world, and I will be playing a lot of catch-up when I get the Macaroon back. I can say with all sincerity, that I will be delirious to get my computer back into my hot little hands...I hope they can fix it fast.

So...we're eager and excited because tonight is the night for the gallery opening! I had all these plans to let you see the invites and make a big production, but we know what's been happening with me don't we?

You'll be happy to know that I finally figured out what I'm going to wear at least...I'm planning my entire outfit around the necklace that Megan is making for me. I had actually bought the perfect dress, and then decided to send it back as it was more of a luxury than I was comfortable with (I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy) and decided to go through my closet and try to make do:

Hmmm...it's quite packed in here. Good. Lord...Let's see...gawds, how does one person have so many dresses?

I love that one, but I'm really saving it in case I get married one day to wear to the reception...even though I really want to re-do that dress with the birds on it...and lord knows I'm gonna have to do that to fit in it because it is SMALL! Who wears that size? Seriously...I may have to remove a rib...I wonder how that would work? And I suppose if I'm going to do that then there's some other work I will need to have done as well...

That's going to be expensive! Hold on...

Well, that's a cute dress, but not quite right. Oh...I like that one, it's the one I was wearing when I met Rich, but it's strapless, and I don't want everyone to just think that I wear strapless all the time, even though I think I look...

Oh...wait.

That's cute!

When did I get that? Oh...a size 6? No way...Ok, ummmm...umph...zip...OK! Hey it fits and is totally cute...kind of cute and flirty...is that the look I want to go for?

Then again, this one is great too, in a retro Holly Go Lightly sort of way...

AND on and on, until I'd narrowed it down to 2 items, picked out shoes and then realized Megan was totally done with my new piece of jewelry and I went from there. I am very excited, even though I have to work all day and will only have a bit of time to put myself together before the big shindig.

The gallery looks amazing bursting at the seams and waiting for everyone to get here tonight (I'm actually sitting in the gallery at the moment getting ready to walk over to work in a moment, but this is the only time I have access to a computer for the time being, so I'm working with my options) If you're in town, please come by from 5-9 at the Old Firehouse...right up in the front.

I'll be sure Rich takes lots of pictures...

5 comments:

sulu-design said...

Yes. I want pictures.
Have a fabulous time, and look stunning!

~Molly~ said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see some pics of you in a size 6, way to go at the gym!

Hope you have a blast this afternoon and tonight!

Molly

Sandra Evertson said...

Happy Halloween!
Sandra

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh I am sure you chose the perfect gown!! But don't save any for later, just wear them!! Even if it is for tea alone!! I have started doing that myself ;)

Can't wait to hear how it went!!

Kristin said...

better late then never..haha Im glad you still stopped by my party, I hope you had a wonderful time (Im late too, very busy weekend..haha)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin