31 July 2008

Oh...And Did I Mention The Pesto...


Welcome to another
installment of the cooking blog, as I just can't seem to get away from the good home made around here...I've decided to just give in. Luckily, I am leaving in less than two days for another adventure (that would be the day after tomorrow to you and me) so there may be no food pictures for a while...you'd better stock up. I figure there there will be no cooking on this adventure...only eating. Lots and lots of good eating. Until Dina and I make our great escape, there are a several odds and ends to wrap up here in town...as well as a lot of fun things to do between now and then...one being a bar-b-q at the Airstream tonight. Well, I have been bragging about my cilantro pesto now for quite a while to Megan, as one of her specialties happens to be very good Southwest cooking, and I keep thinking this pesto would compliment her dishes amazingly well...Pesto is so easy and quick to make...and this happens to be the best recipe I've ever tried for cilantro pesto (it's the cinnamon you know, which makes for a very surprising flavor)


1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, tightly packed
2-3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use a soy blend)
1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts (I use pine nuts)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil

Process cilantro, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and seasonings in a food processor or blender until finely chopped and blended. While blender or processor is running, slowly add oil until blended and absorbed.


I love this recipe on rice, pasta, vegetables and sandwiches or burgers. Try it...you won't be disappointed...and please let me know if you do!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I liked cilantro. Just can't get past that "paper bag taste" it has... I can take it sparingly, but in great quantities.

Basil pesto? Now we're talking!

Getting excited about your trip? I am! Can't wait to see the pics. Maybe I should send you my cell # so you can call me if you need bail money... bwahahahhahahaha!

TomboCheck said...

That's some good lookin' pesto! :)

Mytutorlist.com said...

Mmmmm, pesto!

Anonymous said...

We make something similar to this with Italian Parsley called Salsa Verde. Yummm...

But I've never made cilantro pesto. Sounds terrific.

flutter said...

um, yum

sulu-design said...

Yes! Cinnamon? Gotta try it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin