10 July 2008

A Walk in The Dells...


Last evening, after reading and chuckling to all of your comments about Crocs (I think we've got divided yay's and nay's...as to be expected, but you guys are all good sports and we all have different tastes in footwear, which makes it that much more exciting to foot watch) I popped out to the Airstream for a little evening visit.

Rich had decided to host a little hike into The Dells for Josh and invited me to come along. Well, I hate to miss the chance for even more exercise during the day...OK, actually I haven't been out hiking in The Dells with Rich for quite some time, as we've been quite busy this summertime.

So, out into The Dells we went.

It was quite cloudy in the distance, so it looked as if someone was getting rain...which made it nice and cool for all the hopping around on the rocks we did...which didn't keep me from sweating.

It also made me wonder with all the working out I do at the gym...why in heavens name was I huffing and puffing so much scaling all these rocks?

good grief.

Rich was trying his best to reassure me that working out in the gym is different. I don't know though...I still sweat and huff and puff as much...whatever.

We made it back to the Airstream just in time to witness a wonderful sunset. I suppose I could be tired of the sunsets here, but honestly? I haven't seem to see many this year...and with all the busyness it was a wonderful treat...

good friends, rock hopping...sunsets...

Who could ask for more?


(see more pics at my Flickr)

3 comments:

TomboCheck said...

It IS different. :) They don't have a boulder-hopping exercise at the gym. About the closest thing I would try doing is setting that treadmill at max incline, and set the speed to just-under-jogging. Go for as long as you can. :)

Anonymous said...

There isn't anything better than a good sunset to refresh your soul...

I'm a klutz, so I'd be black and blue (with a few broken bones)from all that boulder hopping.

flutter said...

sooo beautiful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin