21 January 2008

The Taste That Will Melt Your Butter...


On Saturday, Rich and I went down to The Valley for a little play day...

In a parking lot
of one of our stops...I happened to glance out the window of the Nissan, only to be greeted by this truck...

Bimbo Baked Goods...

ahhhh...

ummm...

Really?

Bimbo?

This, as our researched proved,
is a bakery company based in Mexico, and apparently was founded in 1945 or thereabouts (and is now crossing borders everywhere...not my choice of words...it's on their site) and according to them, they based their name on the Italian word for small boy...I'm thinking that was before the word Bimbo became popular in our culture as: an attractive but empty-headed young woman, one perceived as a willing sex object...

Which is making me now wonder why I was so eager to jump out of the truck after Rich came to a dead stop and pose for this picture?

Well no matter...
one will do no end of silly posing for something blogworthy.

Thank goodness I have my own personal photographer at my beck and call (he just doesn't know that..wink wink)

Perhaps Bimbo is not quite the word for me...

Maybe more like Cheese-Ball?

6 comments:

Catalyst said...

Ah, you're no bimbo, baby.

We, too, laughed the first time we saw this brand, more than 20 years ago when we were living in Mexico.

flutter said...

I cracked up when I saw Bimbo Bakeries on the jumbo tron at a baseball game...

nuttnbunny said...

I've consumed more Bimbo than I care to admit. Now if that isn't the sentence to end all sentences!

How that Chili working? I'm blasting together a care package pronto...

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Wait get this lovely... It says...

Bimbo: With the same tenderness/affection as always. hee heeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I need some of those. Wonder if our Mexican import store carries any. I can just see me walking in and asking for some. *snort*

Anonymous said...

*SINCKER* That's too funny!

Now I have to share... my husband's work truck says C.R.A.P. Kinda fitting for a plumber, eh?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin