11 January 2008

A Night Out With The Blue Moon (I mean...Man) Group...

Last night Rich and I went to see the Blue Man Group perform at Tim's Toyota Center out in Prescott Valley...

We started with a little something to eat, scoring a great place to park (believe me, it's nice to be able to take a 2 minute walk to the arena, and then virtually be able to pull our before most of the people) get to our good seats (up on the side of the arena close to the stage) to wait for the show to begin.

We had gotten there in plenty of time to relax and build up excitement...which one could say was dashed when a person in the row in front of us stood up. Rich was looking elsewhere, and I was looking towards the group in front of us...where a person suddenly stood up wearing low rise jeans. I turned to Rich with a horrified look on my face, gasping...and he immediately scanned the crowd and got a grim expression on his (this is before both of us collapsed in laughter...and neither of us with a camera in hand...cause I'd love to spread the joy...which is a rarity indeed, the camera, not the joy...I'm all about the joy) Much to my horror, not only were the jeans embroidered with the most ridiculous spray of flowers all over the back of them, immediately drawing your attention to the butt...but they were so very low rise, most of this persons butt was hanging out (Now, I am referring to this person as a "person" mostly because neither of us could tell whether or not this was a man or a woman...seriously) They were also not wearing any underwear (that we could tell, cause we weren't too interested in getting that much closer, then again...if they had turned around, perhaps the matter of gender would have been solved...ewwwww!) and looked as though they hadn't worked out in a while. This person sat back down before either of us could get the cameras on our phones working...and honestly?

It didn't help.

Both of us were worried for the sweet older couple who sat behind them...the woman was wearing pointy shoes, and I was worried that they would get stuck in the proverbial crack...and Rich was worried that if that person stood up again, it would be the scream heard round the world...before one or both of the elderly persons being carried out on a stretcher (Please People...this is a plea...fold your low rise jeans up and PUT THEM AWAY...it's become TOO MUCH!!) And all this is before the "real" show began...

The first person to come out on the actual stage was a DJ by the name of Mike Relm. He was really great...and had both of us dancing in our seats. Not only did he mix records, but he set them, and then controlled video clips...using, as I might point out (because Rich pointed it out to me rather excitedly) MY MacBook...well, not the one I actually own (it was safe at home...I think, who knows? Perhaps it enjoyed an evening out as well?) but the same black MacBook was sitting up there helping him out the whole time. Which made me wonder if I could finally learn how to spin records and go on tour with someone...or at least start a dance club...or maybe finally start PodCasting...

Then it was time to wait for the Blue Man Group to come out on stage...Rich got a bit squirmy and jumpy, looking at his watch every few moments...he knew what was coming. I've never seen the Blue Man Group (or I would have been more jumpy for sure) Their show was all about how to be a MegaSTAR...Not only was it funny, but had a great message all the way through (I searched through the video on YouTube, and there are ton's of really great examples of their performances) So...I was being thoroughly entertained while being asked to think and feel...the ultimate performance art for sure. I don't know what their history is...but, I have to say...if you ever get a chance to see them (as this was the first night of their present tour) I emphatically say GO!!! You won't regret it...They are funny and talented...the array of "instruments" they play is staggering, and the lights and the music, plus the message...it is just awe inspiring all the way through (I already want to go again...and am excited to look at their videos on YouTube)

Sometimes I forget in all the seriousness of my life (which has been taking over too much as of late) that I need to have fun...

And, this night out of unbridled fun is just what I needed!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moon over AZ! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I wish you had your camera phones ready...LOL!

~Molly~ said...

Ohhhh, I am SO jealous!!!! But in a good way! How exciting!! My kids would probably love that to pieces, wish they'd come here.

Oh, I also have an idea nailed down(somewhat solidly) about my bedroom "adultification". Will email you later.

Molly

Carol Dunton said...

LOL! Love the title, girl!

Jolene George said...

I seriously HATE low rise pants. "normal" fitting pants are getting harder to find, but I will not cave and buy the nasty low rise pants. Modesty is lost on far too many people.
I would love to see the blue man group. They are very entertaining.

Rusty said...

um, i'm glad you didn't have your camera to be honest.

I have always wondered about the Blue Man Group. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Sandra Evertson said...

How Cool!
I have always wanted to see them!
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't give up my low-rise. But I promise to always wear a tunic length t-shirt or sweater with them, m'kay? :D

luvmygreenbug said...

oh, yeah, there was a serious full moon here recently in a local grocery store..every aisle I went down, there it was, burning out my retinas. I can just see you and Rich trying to "maintain" (I like in his blog where he said he threw up in his mouth, just a little) LOL! I've always wanted to see the Blue Man Group, now I want to even more! sounds like you had a great evening, in spite of the glaring "moon"!

sulu-design said...

I'm so glad you posted about this. I saw the Blue Man Group back when I was in high school, visiting New York City before I moved there. What an awesome memory you've stirred up for me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin