26 January 2009

Sweet Weekend...I hardly Knew You...

Where oh where did the weekend go?

I vaguely remember coming home Friday evening, a little achy and a lot tired thinking I was winding down from a long work week with a few flu symptoms, only to wake up on Saturday, my last work day of the week with a lot of horrible cramping and nausea and exhaustion...equaling in me almost doubled up all day at the shop, trying to look through clothes to buy and help the droves of people finding their way into Snap Snap for the weekend...apologizing to customers the entire time because I was obviously ill, and in a bit of pain.

In the true spirit of owning a business, you sometimes have to show up no matter how you feel, but I made it through and onto my mother's birthday party...

By this point
in the day, I realized I was fine if I stayed in one position...either sitting or standing, but either time I tried to move into another position, it would be nausea and pain city, and then I would adjust to that one until I moved into another one...

Not fun.

I came home after spending most of my time sprawled out in a chair at GG's house, and vowed to rest...

Which means that the next day was spent on the couch or alternately napping, reading and missing out on a road trip with Rich.

Sigh...

The weird thing was that I still could eat fine...keep food where it was supposed to be, so there has been a lot of bland soups and soft foods.

And today? Well, today I hopped into the car and drove my mom and Rozz down to The Valley for Rozz birthday fun...she wanted to go shopping and exploring (her special day is soon as well) Luckily I felt OK all day today...a little tired, but we had a great time!

I ran into
Anthropologie again (you know? Since I was down there) and bought the most fabulous red dress. This would be the most fabulous red dress I spied for full price when I was in Tucson, and my mother spotted it on the sale rack. I wasn't even looking for it there...and yet, there it was hanging in my size. On sale. I was so excited I was literally shaking...it's nice to know clothes still excite me after all this time...either that or we can blame it on a flu induced fever.

Whatever the case may be, it fits like a dream...

It's now hanging here at home waiting for me to wear it sometime this week I think...

I guess I'm feeling better. I hope that this is my last illness for a while...I am looking forward to getting back to the gym and eating regular foods...

Oh, and wearing my red dress.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this story, Sadie. Reality.
Hope you're well.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I hope you feel better???

I love that you got a red dress.

I would hit the bottle for those too.

I love that the old folks liked ships too!!!! I want some.

Annnd, that fudge peanut butter and your famous photo, made me giggle madly out loud...

xoxo ;) ;) :)

(Oh and your shots of your trip, unbelievably wonderful!!!)

sulu-design said...

Man... I'm feeling the way you were feeling this weekend. So where's my red dress? Actually, I snagged a great pair of jeans at a shop I popped into to get out of the cold while I was walking home from the pharmacy earlier today. I guess they're my red dress!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin