24 April 2006

Sleep Sweet Old Friend...


I lost a dear friend today...my sweet kitty boy Sweetie left this world this afternoon, very peacfully and softly purring...a lot like he lived his life. He found his way into my life via my front porch about 9 years ago...and was scared, but gentle, and warmed up to us and became a wonderful fixture in my life. I was remembering the time I bought all 3 cats we had at the time organic flea collars, the other cats thought I was crazy and he just light up visably that someone would care for him so much as to give him a collar and seemed to dance around the room proudly showing off his collar. We thought he was a girl because he was so sweet, hence the name Sweetie...So, we started calling him "buddy" after realizing our mistake, as I imagined the first 5 years of his life with us he was pulling on our sleeves and saying, "ummm...I'm a boy."

He lived through a move, various other kitties coming and going and my divorce, all with his gentle grace and calming presence, and he always seemed to try to adjust to whatever was thrown his way going along with so much in his life with ease. This last year was rough for him and his failing health and all of the changes that were happening in the house...it was hard to watch him loose his chubby body, and beautiful shiny black fur...(and develop his stinky breath!) his little tounge sticking out of his mouth...seeking a warm lap or spot on his heating pad. Our time together will never be long enough...


I love you sweetie boy...

Sleep gentle...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear of our loss, and feeling relieved he waited for your presence to transition. Blessings Sweetie, on your next great adventure.

Rozzilyn said...

We hope you have a wonderful next life Sweetie and that we get to know you again.

Anonymous said...

Sadie,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure he was/is very special to you.
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin