19 April 2006

Greetings From Prague!

Hello...we finally checked into a hotel with internet access...although, these foreign computers are not as recognizable as my little laptop at home...there are all sorts of different keys on the keypad...with all sorts of different functions! There´s an Ñ, ç ...and thats about all I can figure out how to show you...unless I do it by accident!

We started out the journey a little haphazzardly...as the plane was delayed for a few hours and we got into Italy a lot later than we were supposed to...we were supposed to spend the night in Switzerland, but opted to fly into Italy that night, as the person who checed us in back at LAX talked us into checking our luggage all the way through to Italy, and it was pouring rain in Switzerland and we didn´t have our coats or anthing...well, our luggage was lost for the first 3 days of our trip...and we missed the last train out of Rome that night, and we all had to pile into a taxi to go to Selci, the mideval town we were staying in! And now, I´m almost at the end of my journey, and I would love to post some pictures, but I don´t have the energy to figure out how to do it right now. Although, I´ve taken about 200 plus, as far as I can tell!

Italy was as beautiful as I remember, lots of moisture, and it´s been quite sunny and warm here in Prague! Prague is the most beautiful city I´ve ever been in...everywhere you look is more and more beauty! The food is incredible...a lot of great vegetarian restaraunts abound, and one could eat themselves into a food coma! It´s hard to write and express all my thoughts at the moment, and I am looking forward to coming home in a few days to be able to really reflect on everything I´ve been seeing and doing...although, it will be hard to leave here!

For those of you expecting postcards...no one can slow down enough to get to a post office, so they will be hand delivered!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear a report from you! The kids and I have wondered how your trip has been going, and I'll pass on your blog to them.

Love ya,
Kristi

Rozzilyn said...

Yay, we're glad you are coming home and so are Sweetie and Mina! Love, Mom and Roz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin